Monday, July 25, 2011

Sports and Greed

The other day, I was driving through a neighborhood in my town when I saw several young kids playing football in the 105 degree(Farenheit)weather. It got me thinking about how greed has destroyed sports in America. There are countless people that would play in the NFL for $60,000 a year. Instead, these athletes think they deserve $20 million dollars a year! (The men and women fighting for our country overseas deserve that more) And then you have owners who want to work the players to exhaustion to make more money. This is how lockouts begin(in a shell) and if you want me to explain the NFL and NBA lockouts in depth, leave a comment regarding it. Bottom line, the greed in sports must be dealt with, or the professional leagues will be run into the ground. I'll leave with this, do you think the inventor of baseball did just that for money? Or for the love of the game?

No comments:

Post a Comment